Thursday, March 08, 2007

BAHSTON...

I brought my camera to Boston with high hopes of freezing awkward moments in time. Of course, I dropped the ball on this (sorry guys) as it was too cold to reach into my purse to pull it out. Lame, I know. But windchill of -13 degrees is never fun. Anyway, overall I really liked Boston. I think it's a really nice city. A lot less hectic than New York - it reminded me a lot of DC. I don't think I'll consider med school there because I can't take another 4 years of ridiculously cold weather. Blacksburg has given me more than I'll ever need.

I'm really disappointed that I didn't come back with any sweet pictures, however I do have a nice little video clip of a subway musician. He was my favorite out of all the ones I saw - he was also the best. So here's a link to it... hope it hits the spot.

And for those of you dying to hear about my trip (cough THIS IS FOR YOU MOM cough) here's what I did:

The first night I was there, I went to a great comedy club in Cambridge called The Comedy Studio and I thought it was great. It was only $10 and even better... it was in the attic of a Chinese restaurant... and YES, you can order chinese food and they'll bring it up to you while you're watching all the stand-up acts. Definately a unique experience! Some of my favorite commedians there that night were Baratunde Thurston and Shaun Bedgood whom I have googled stalked so that I could bring you these sweet links. CHECK THEM OUT!

The next day I visited a good friend of mine at Harvard. We took a tour of his campus which is gorgeous by the way and got mexican at Filipe's Taqueria in Harvard Square. While touring Harvard, I noticed that the one thing it has that many universities don't is a library in EVERY DORM! Nuts, huh? Makes sense and it makes things so much more accessible. I thought that was a good idea. Maybe it will catch on. Oh, I also randomly met Nate Dern from Beauty and the Geek while walking on campus. My friend who I was visiting happens to know him and by chance we ran into him. We didn't stick around and talk to him for a long time, but he's very genuine and I thought he was pretty cute. I didn't recognize him at all since I don't watch the show, but I would have never pegged him as a "geek" based on my first encounter. Maybe I'm just attracted to dorky guys - who knows. There's something awkwardly charming and not cocky about geeky boys.

I guess those are the highlights of my trip. Oh, I got free cupcakes from Lulu's in Boston's Northend since the store was closing and I ran in there to buy one and she handed me two boxes full of cupcakes. Basically that experience makes me think positively about my Boston trip. Other than that, just a lot of touristy sight seeing, shopping, and catching up with friends. I loved my trip there, minus the cold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really cool! Looks like you had a good spring break. :)