Monday, December 11, 2006

Gift idea for friends!

My favoite person, Derrick Brown has a new poetry book out called "I Love You is Back" and has printed more copies of "Born in the Year of the Butterfly Knife" for those of you who couldn't get a copy the first time around. I know I'm a little bias in saying this, but Derrick is phenomenal. His work is so relatable. If you haven't heard of him yet, visit his website by clicking here. If you would like to read some of his poetry, click this or this. And if you like what you've seen/read, you can buy his material on his website by clicking "store". Trust me, I'm a girl... Freshman year, I had one of his books and my hallmates and I would read it outloud while sitting in our laundry baskets waiting for our clothes to get clean. Our laundry would be done and we'd find ourselves still sitting there reading/crying/laughing. Pick up a few copies for your friends - they will love it. He work is candid, raw, not overly sappy, and incredibly refreshing. He won't disappoint.

A little more incentive to buy the books in case the content hasn't already convinced you: The artwork on the cover of "I Love You is Back" and "Born in the Year of the Butterfly Knife" was done by Cold War Kids

No comments: