Monday, February 05, 2007

Disection, day one.

Today was my first day of my 4 week Fetal pig disection lab. There are a few things I'd like to mention.

a) I have an awesome partner (Shane) who also happens to live a few doors down.
b) It wasn't as gross as I thought it was going to be. Our pig is pretty large and there isn't anything wrong with him. Some people had pigs with livers that exploded so there was all this reddish brown liquid just gushing out of it. So we're pretty excited that didn't happen to us.
c) Our TA insisted that we name our pig because for some reason it makes sense to NOT put our names on the tag that marks the bag with our pig in it, but to actually name the pig instead... Anyway, being the awesome people that we are... our pig's name is... (drumroll)

KEVIN BACON!

funny thing is throughout this whole disection, Shane kept talking to "Kevin" and saying things like, okay Kevin, bear with us while we cut you open. Or, "see you next week Kev."

No comments: