Saturday, February 03, 2007

Weekend notes

- I've recently discovered the deliciousness that is Smoothie Mix Skittles! Screw chocolate on V-day, give me a bag of these skittles and I'll give you my heart.

- The Superbowl is tomorrow and that's pretty exciting. MIDWEST showdown! So exciting that Kanye & Common wrote a song about it called "Southside Superbowl." Too bad I can't write songs to express my excitement for the superbowl, but I can make Jello shots and pigs in a blanket so that's what I'm going to do. The jello is sitting in the fridge right now. Pigs in a blanket coming tomorrow!

- On Monday I start my first day of fetal pig disection. I'm pretty excited.

- Last night I volunteered for a program where you provide care to disabled children while their parents have a night off to do as they please. It was intense because the kids demand so much attention, but the experience was so rewarding and I'm looking forward to doing it again. I met a lot of great people and despite the fact that it got difficult at times, I had a lot of fun with the kids. I think they teach me more than I teach them. One girl gave me a hug when she left and said that I better be there next time so that we can hang out. That pretty much made my night.

- 28 days until Boston. I also just bought a fun carry-on bag. I decided to ditch the suitcase for this trip. It's exactly like this one below except it's black...

- Oh PS: V-day is coming up and I'm kind of hoping I can skip it. How much does it suck for single people? Let's be honest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My sister calls it "singles awareness" day. Have fun partying it up tomorrow while watching the game. Also, that sounds like a really cool program. Go Mary!