Friday, June 25, 2004

Charlottesville = Good times... always.

Wednesday I went to Charlottesville to surprise a friend and this is what happened... but before I get into it, let me just say that I'm currently listening to Stars Hide Fire's acoustic version of their song "Still Breating" and it's really good so everyone go to Purevolume and download it.

All right... I'm ready now. Here's what happened:

Part I.
I left my house at 10ish and drove a little less than two hours down to Charlottesville and I met up with Kenneth at his house. The ride was not as bad as I thought it would be, it didn't feel like I was in the car for long and the roads were really easy to drive (the rain kinda sucked) but the scenery made everything better. Anyway so I get to Kenneth's house and he lives across the street from and odd man who painted a rainbow on his house... yes WELCOME TO CHARLOTTESVILLE. Ha ha only kidding. Anyway so he calls Teka and tells her to meet him downtown but she said she couldn't come until 1:30ish so we had some time to kill. So while we're waiting for Kenneth's sister to come home I took a look at the Capital Key and uh... some books. :) Afterwards his sister Kathleen came home (the legal one) and I got to meet her which was good. She's a really nice girl. I wish I had a cool older sister... or brother. After I met her, we left to go downtown and it was raining so that was kinda ehhh but needless to say Downtown Charlottesville is really nice. It reminded me of Reston Town Center except with cool indie and independant type restaurants and stores etc. It was really cool, I liked it a lot. We ate at a dumpling place and he showed me some really unique stores so that was exciting. Then Teka came and we surprised her and let it be known that the "O-face" NEVER gets old. EVER. It was classic and worth the two hour drive. Then pretty much the rest of the day was spent with her. We all went to the Tea Bazaar which was a really cool place because it had lots of different teas, and the place itself was just interesting to be in, and the people that worked there were unique so it was definately a different experience. I absolutely loved tea so I could have gone home right then and been really happy. Okay so afterwards we went to Boho's which is apparently very Charlottesville and it was cool. It's a lot like The Bagel Shop in Ashburn only bigger and a lot cheaper. Grrrrr... thanks for ripping us off ASHBURN. We went putt-putting at one point during the day... and WE ROCKED, I mean all of us were way too good for this game because our balls kept going in (I hope you realize that I'm lying)... Okay so what really happened is that we had to stop keeping score because we wern't doing very well and people were laughing at us. Woops. But it was fun anyway. Oh yeah and it stopped raining when we were in the tea place so that ROCKED. So then we ate some free ice cream (thanks teka!) and roamed the UVA campus which is gorgeous (DEAR DEAN BLACKBURN - I DISLIKE YOU WITH AN EXOTIC PASSION) and just talked and we also met Teka's mom and made many 'friends.' All in all good times. Then we just decided to go back to Kenneth's and have a music fiesta but that didn't work out too well and at one point we ended up watching the Brady Bunch which was good times too. Then we dropped Teka off and she was happy and it was GLORIOUS.

Part II.
So as we're driving back from Teka's house Kenneth is all, 'oh i forgot to take you somewhere, so let's go now.' Spontaneous? - Yes. So he took me to the lake or "the lakes" because well there's 2 of them and we just kinda walked around talking for awhile. I haven't done something like that in awhile so it was nice. And it was so pretty. I think we were trespassing but it's okay because we are rebels. So we just talked for hours and it was really good stuff and I'll just leave it at that. So all in all I had a great time in Charlottesville... I am now the master of Charlottesville (okay again, I'm lying) but it was so much fun, unlike anything I would have done in NoVa so it was a nice change of pace. And the ride home was awesome because the police wern't out so yeah I got home "in a timely manner" and reunited with my bed.

And they all lived happily ever after... the end... Ha ha sorry.

No comments: