Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Today I realized that I didn't update this as much as I would like to so I've decided to be better about that starting today. Summer is here and it has been very relaxing. I'm off of the hectic "school schedule" and I can sleep in sandwiched between my sheets until I feel like getting up... what a concept. For awhile, I forgot what that felt like and I miss it. We're moving soon - I think we have a few more weeks until our move out/in date. I'm so excited. I am in love with the new house and I know school will be starting up again soon and all, but I will at least get to spend a month or so in this new place I will call my abode. :)

For father's day I went to Maryland for a day of boating and seafood with my family. I think the place we visited was called Crisfield. I haven't been there in such a long time so it was so great to be back. I love the instant change of pace that I feel everytime I go there. It's as if everything changes in one instant upon arrival when I see the sign that welcomes the visitors to this area. Everybody there is so hospitable and so much more appreciative of everything they have been given. I'm not saying people in Northern Virginia aren't hospitable or appreciative - it's just different out there and I'm not quite sure how to explain it. I love permenant breeze that always sweeps through the town. I love the people there who lead such simple lives, weather they are small shop owners or fishermen, they are so welcoming and friendly. The day was just so relaxing and I made friends with the local fishermen at one point during the day to see what they caught. After making my rounds on the dock and getting some ice cream in the heart of the town we took a ferry out to Tangier Island with my family which was a lot of fun. The ride was wonderful - and the scenery? Perfect. After we got back from the Island we took a boat and just tested the waters. I haven't been boating in so long and I realized how much I loved it. Afterwards we went and got dinner at a place right by the bay and ate outside on the deck and then headed home. It was a really good day and I'm glad I got to spend time with my family. I could tell my dad had a good time and it was really nice going back to Crisfield - and kind of having that feeling of deja vu. It made me think of my childhood when my dad use to take me there all the time - it was just like old times when I was there and that's what I love about this place. It's my burried time capsule that I can dig up from time to time.

No comments: