Monday, January 01, 2007

Byyye 2006!

2006

What is the date: January 2, 2007.
What is your name: mary
How old will you be at the end of 2007: 21!!! Be excited for me.
Do/Did you have New Years Eve plans: yes, Rachel threw a party.
What was the biggest change in 2006 for you: really figuring out what I want to do after I graduate. I've always known but plans are more concrete now.
Who were you closest to in 2006: lots of people. kathryn, rachel, lisa, my parents
What was the most shocking thing you saw in 2006: going into a cadaver lab for the first time the night before halloween. there were 45 cadavers... it surprisingly wasn't that scary but it was definately shocking.
What was the biggest lie you heard in 2006: some pretend virgin at a party talking to a group of guys and saying, "oh my goshhh i've NEVER been drunk before." Ha. That's what pretend virgins say. Later that night she left with a guy. And so the cycle goes. The next week, she said the same thing at another party. It's kind of funny.
What is the most shocking thing you did in 2006: Hmm... not too sure if this is "shocking" but spending my summer in Blacksburg taking classes, something I will NEVER NEVER NEVER do again.
What is the biggest lie you told in 2006: "I'll be there in 5 minutes!"
What is your saddest memory for 2006: getting my heart broken (that sounds so lame when I type it, but it's true)
What is your happiest memory of 2006: discovering the restaurant, "Cabo Fish Taco" - it's so good!
How many traffic tickets did you get in 2006: one. It was my first one ever and it cost me $131. Now I am so paranoid when I'm driving.
Were you in love at the end of 2006: i guess so although i'm reluctant to say i was.
What was the scariest moment of 2006: almost burning the house down at school. i had just given blood and was pretty dizzy/hungry so i made some pasta but dozed off on the couch while waiting for the pasta to boil and eventually all the water boiled out and the pasta began burning... etc etc.... that was scary.
How many people are you dating: zero
Are you going to change that in 2007: i'm not sure. i'm not going to push anything. my philosphy this year is to just not care and if it happens then so be it. i find that when i actually put effort into things like relationships... somehow it just doesn't work out. i think i enjoy my independence too much and it's hard for me to balance that aspect of my life when having a boyfriend. i don't know if that made any sense... but i guess what i really mean is, i dont like people that are too clingy... i don't like people who don't let you hang out with your friends when you're in a relationship. i am difficult.
Did you move in 2006: moved into a townhouse at school. that was nice
What was the most stressful time for you: this past semester. it has definately been challenging in every aspect.
Did you make any new friends in 2006: of course
Did you lose any friends in 2006: no, i can't say that i have and i'm thankful for that
How many people expressed a romantic interest in you: you know... i don't know and if they did, i am terrible at picking up subtle signals so i probably didn't respond and i normally screw things up anyway so for anyone who did, it was probably fruitless for them and completely my fault.
How many people turned you down: one, i wouldn't say turned down so much as decided to move on which is understandable. But, needless to say that was a really rough time for me. I cried for days.
How many parties did you attend: many
How many weddings did you attend: none
How many funerals did you attend: none, thankfully
What did you learn about yourself: i've learned to depend more on myself. i've learned to push my limits as far as school goes. i learned that as far as relationship goes there's a general pattern that usually manifests itself and that i should probably change that and the fact that i am scared of commitment.
What did you change about yourself: my hair, and my drinking habits. i don't drink as much - i know my limits.
What are your goals for 2007: be healthy, happy, do well in school, see my friends adn family more often, go on more roadtrips, and definately go to more concerts, oh and turn 21 and spend that time in New York with good friends. :)

No comments: