Tuesday, January 09, 2007


New Years Resolutions

So I've had a few days to think about it and here's what I've come up with thus far:

- Learn how to crip walk (and not look like I'm having a seizure) so that when it's time for graduation I can completely embarass my parents as I walk down the football field looking like Snoop Dogg. It's a $40,000 walk, you might as well make the most of it, no?

- Go to Boston. I have a lot of friends up there and we've always talked about arranging a trip, but unfortunately all this time we've just been all talk so finally this year Jason and I have decided that no matter what, we're going. His brother goes to school/lives up there and could host us along with some friends that go to school around the area. I've never been and I've heard great things so I figure, it's time.

- See more of the Board. We tried to go to New York together over Winter break, but with busy work schedules, a surgery here and there, and sicknesses, we wern't able to get together so hopefully we can figure something out this year. I'd love to see everyone again.

- Get back into the routine of doing Yoga. I've taken classes before, but I'd like to go every morning at 7 so that I can start my day relaxed and hopefully rejuvinated. On that note, with Yoga every morning, I'd like to do my cardio in the evening.

- I want to go to sleep a lot earlier (10pm) and not have work to do when I come home from campus so that pretty much means I'll have to manage my time really well during my incredibly long breaks in between all my classes.

- Go on more roadtrips. Now that most of my friends have already gotten their semester abroad out of the way... they are back in school for the final stretch so it will be nice to finally have people to visit! :)

- Go to more concerts. This year has been so academically centered I haven't gone to any concerts. Spending my summer in Blacksburg, where nobody ever tours didn't really help this situation. But hopefully that will change this year. There's a Brett Dennen concert coming up at a venue really close to UVA so maybe I'll be able to kill two birds with one stone... (visiting friends there too).

That's all I could come up with... hopefully the whole waking up for Yoga thing will work out - I think it'd be really really good for me. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: