Sunday, August 27, 2006

My Sunny Saturday

The weather here has been so nice lately and sadly, because it's Blacksburg, we all know that in about two weeks, it will be anything but. So today, one of my roomates and I decided to go to the river and go tubing. In my 3 years at Tech, I have yet to go (I know, I am a horrible person) but today we got a bunch of friends together and made our trip out there and it was perfect. The water was nice and warm, the weather was really nice too with cool breezes here and there making our lazy day on the river that much better. We met up with a bunch of people when we got there and had a great time. It took us 4 hours to actually make it down the river itself as it seemed neverending, but I had such a good time and I recommend it to anyone who hasn't already done it. Anyway, I couldn't take any pictures or make any video clips because my camera is not waterproof :( however, Drew did make up a nice little Haiku during part of our trip that I think you guys will appreciate:

Blue bird on the tree
You really want to kill us
We will float away


amazing, no? But anyway, all in all, a wonderful relaxing day and the realization that I need to go to the river more often. In two weeks we are planning to take some boats out to Claytor Lake to celebrate Todd's birthday so I'm excited. Hopefully we can milk this great weather for all that it's worth. :)

No comments: