Tuesday, October 10, 2006

"Now I know my ABCs..."

I got to spend the long weekend at home with my parents and it was great - aside from the fact that I spent entirely too much money. Anyway, one of the highlights of being home was going out to dinner with my mom just one on one on Saturday. We went to some fancy schmancy restaurant that people have to get reservations for in advance and all that jazz. Well, I walked in and immediately noticed the walls plastered with photos of President Bush (both former and current) along with a couple rando photos of Colin Powell and various policians. Namely though, the main focus of decor was photos of both presidents. They were plastered on every inch of the wall to the point of obnoxtiousness. Kind of like that scene in Garden State in the doctor's office with his awards. Anyway, the point is, there were also personal typed letters from the president on official stationary and what not... framed and of course, hung on the walls. As I was reading them, I noticed that in almost every letter, the restaurant's name was spelled incorrectly (Pking Gourmet Inn) which concerns me as I don't think "Peking Gormet Inn" is entirely too difficult to spell. And, as an owner of the restaurant, I think I would take offense to anybody not being able to spell it correctly espcially when writing a review of how great it is. It's like calling somebody the wrong name all the time. Doing it once would suggest that it was a slip or honest mistake, but when you repeat the same spelling error multiple times, it's easy for me to make fun of you.

Needless to say, the whole situation made me laugh because here this restaurant is flaunting the fact that they feed the likes of the president, when the president can't even spell the name of the restaurant correctly. Maybe I should open a "Pking Gourmet Inn" next door. Perhaps, this complex job should have been left to oval office secretaries?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoever the yeller was should understand that everything has a bigger picture. Never judge a book by the uniform!