Sunday, October 29, 2006

Recent happenings...

- Lisa and I went to check out the new Thai restaurant in town, Cafe de Bangkok that replaced one of my favorite places to eat, Jackson Street Cafe (I will forever miss those sweet potato fries). The decor stayed the same except for the utensils and plates were more modern. I'm not going to lie, I felt a bit of nostalgia for the restaurant that once was... but let's move on shall we? Okay well, the food was pretty good. The prices were "higher" for a college town. By higher I mean... they are relatively normal as in $10 for an entree but in comparison to all the other dining choices around, that is considered "high." The service was quick, and friendly, the desserts were AMAZING. I'm not really sure how authentic the food was as I've never had authentic thai but, if you like spicy - this is the place to go. Midway through dinner, Lisa and I realized how sad it was that we were on a date with each other and not with boys. To that I responded, "At the party I went to last night, the guys stood in a circle and sang Usher's "Yeah" to each other and disney songs." I told her if that's what we have to choose from, she and I are better of going on "dates" with each other.

- Halloween festivities went on this weekend. It was really really cold outside. I almost wanted to boycott halloween so I could stay inside my warm house and not have to move. The funny thing is... I wasn't really in the mood for it at all this year. It's weird because this is essentially every college student's favorite weekend. I guess just seeing how tragic some people were made me glad I wasn't in the same situation. I remember my friend Tommy and I standing up against a wall because we couldn't move and see this girl wipe out in her 6 inch heels on the slick wet path to the keg. It was hilarious and sad at the same time. Oh... I also got humped by some rando sketch drunk kid coming down the stairs after going to the bathroom. It was really unnecessary and awkward. Luckily, some of my guyfriends saw the kid and pushed him away. He was also asked to leave. I guess such events would lead a person to really be turned off by halloween. That's not to say I didn't have a good time seeing my friends and throwing back a couple of drinks.

- Girl Talk played at one of my favorite venues back home and had I been there, I would having been kicking it with Greg G. I'd take a concert with him over halloween festivities anyday.

- I have the new Bright Eyes CD "Noise Floor (Rarities 1998-2005) and I like it. There are a lot of older songs on there that I have but it's a nice compilation to say the least.

- I'm reading "Black Picket Fences" for one of my classes and this is an ACTUAL passage from it:

"I'ma live in a suburb of a city. I'ma have a phat, phat-ass crib."

Translation: Tyson plans to join the exodus to surburbia and buy a large and luxurious house there.

Yes... there was a translation for the quote in my book. I thought it was pretty funny.

- I've recently become really obsessed with Amos Lee and his songs. His voice feels like gravy over some warm mashed potatoes... I don't know how else to explain it. I guess that was kind of a silly comparison, but his music is Sunday Morning rain day, still in bed music... it's warm and friendly. Check it out!

No comments: