Monday, April 16, 2007

There is no preparing for a goodbye like this.


4.16.2007 - Goodbye Ryan Clark, you were a PHENOMENAL human being. I love and miss you.


My phenomenal friend Ryan "Stack" Clark lost his life this morning. I am shocked and grief-stricken. Words cannot even begin to describe the person that Ryan was. I am blessed and honored to have even cross paths with a person as beautiful as Ryan. It always seems that the good die young. I met Stack my first year at Virginia Tech when I was the new "freshman" that showed up to the first service meeting. I was awkward and he could tell that I didn't know anyone so he came up and introduced himself to me and talked to me the whole meeting. I will never forget that about him - his ability to make you feel completely at home. He was the kind of person that everyone knew and on a campus as large as Virginia Tech's that's quite impressive. He had a passion for helping others - he died doing just that. He was loved and will be missed tremendously. I can't believe I have to say goodbye to him.

4 comments:

Cristina said...

Im really sorry for your loss, its unreal such thing has happened. I hope to God u havnt lost anymore friends in yesterday's shootings. We'll be prayin for them and their loved ones. Be strong, xxxx

Anonymous said...

sorry for your loss,
I am a student at michigan state law school. after my exams are done this friday, I will be driving out to VT.

Stay strong

Anonymous said...

oh mary, i am so sorry for your loss. it's incredible how many people knew and loved your friend, and it's no wonder why. you are in my thoughts and prayers as well as ryan and his family.

Mary said...

Thank you so much you guys for your love and support. It is remarkable and encouraging to hear all these words from people all over the nations. Your actions and your words mean so much to us at a time like this. I thank you for your kindness on behalf of my school.