Tuesday, April 24, 2007

New link

If you notice to the right of this blog under "Frequented" I've added a new link called "Plaid Avenger." A former professor of mine, John Boyer shares his unique and often times hilarious thoughts on world news and events. CHECK IT OUTTT. John Boyer is hands down one of the BEST professors I've had at Virginia Tech. I took World Regions with him as an elective and it was easily one of my favorite classes I've had here. Because of him, I can probably name and geographically point out some pretty obscure countries, their capitals, and their presidents. List some facts about how these presidents came to power, and why they are loved or hated. UNDERSTANDING is the huge lesson I got from him. I know that sounds cliche, but honestly, it took a class like this to really open my eyes to the things going on around me not just domestically but abroad as well. I learned how connected we all were and how rebels taking over a plant in a remote area in Africa can have an effect on ME. Anyway, I'm not too sure where I was going with this other than I compoletely appreciate everything John Boyer has taught me and plus, I think the man is awesome. He is a legend on this campus. I'm pretty sure most everyone here has taken or plans to take a class with him before they graduate. Anyway, take a look at his blog.

Sorry this is so incoherent.

No comments: