Friday, June 15, 2007

Great Gatsby.

I pulled The Great Gatsby off my bookshelf to reread after seeing this photograph from The Sartorialist. How phenomenal does this gentleman look? It took me awhile to realize he was an older guy. He just has this look down so perfectly. There's nothing that I don't like about this. I think he pulls this look off well because it doesn't seem like he's trying to be something he's not. It does not look like a costume. I imagine him being younger and wearing clothing like this when he was in his 30s. All the proportions on this outfit seem really well played. The length of the rolled up sleeve, the shorter vest with the high waisted trousers. The cuff at the bottom and the white shoes and bow tie to really seal the deal. I love that he went with all neutrals because it makes the tie look so much more dramatic. He looks great. I wonder if by the time I'm his age, I'd be able to put together outfits like this. What a great sense of style.


No comments: