Saturday, June 09, 2007

i am awesome.

I'm kind of embarrassed to tell this story, but in retrospect I think it's pretty funny. Two days ago, I woke up to a beeping noise in my house. Without even trying to find out what it was, the first thought that came to my mind was oh crap... it's the carbon monoxide detector. The next thing I did was freak out (obviously). In my head I was like, "ugh, I slept through this, I wonder how long this has been beeping." So then I get a headace and I'm thinking I need to get out of my house. I'm still in my PJs mind you... shorts and a tank and I run downstairs, grab my cellphone, and sprint outside and I start inhaling and exhaling really deeply. You know how you normally look pretty busted in the morning? Yeah that's me, and then add to that a lovely image of me bent over trying to breathe. I'm sure the neighbors really enjoyed this one. Anyway, after I felt like I had gotten enough oxygen in my system, I call my dad and he was all... "Mary, when the smoke detector needs new batteries, it beeps to alert you to replace them."

SUPER. I felt like such a dork. I went back inside and checked the carbon monoxide dectector and it was just sitting there at zero. I don't know why checking the c.monoxide dectector wasn't the first thing that popped into my head to do. And even worse is that I made myself think that I had a headache. Ha ha. I feel so lame now.

No comments: