Wednesday, October 31, 2007

jotting a few notes for today...

1. Fall is finally here. Fall in Blacksburg is really the equivalent of a "mild winter." It is almost always 10 degrees warmer in Northern Virginia and that is just NOT fair. This morning was brutal. 25 degrees, frost on the windshield, bust out your hat and gloves cold. This is NOT fun seeing as it warms up to about 65 degrees during the day and it makes you feel like an idiot when you have on 9 layers of clothing because you are unfortunate enough to have early classes.

2. I love the crispness of the air in the Fall even though the weather in the morning kind of makes me miserable.

3. I find the juxtaposition of me being really warm (because I'm wearing a lot of layers) and my face and hands being really cold very characteristic of Fall here. In the winter, I am just cold all over. Like bone-chilling, why the hell did I leave the comfort of my delicious bed this morning, regretful cold.

4. I listen to a lot of Elliott Smith in the Fall... don't ask me why... I set myself up for really depressing music when it gets cold outside. By Winter, Bright Eyes is on rotation almost always... and then in the Spring, Guster comes onto the playlist. Funny how that works huh?

So far the songs that have been on rotation the most are as follows:

Angeles - Elliott Smith (possibly my fav Elliott song)
Between the Bars - Elliott Smith
I will follow you into the dark - DCFC
What Sarah Said - DCFC
The Greatest - Cat Power
A Stone - Okkervil River
Firefly - Saves The Day (I know laugh it up, I get so much crap for this. I LOVED this song in HS, and a part of me still does. Esp, belting it out with Matt on drunk nights. We will play this song and run up and down the street. It's really ridiculous actually - how have we not been arrested for drunk in public doing this yet?)
One Too Many Mornings - Bob Dylan
Lilac Wine - Jeff Buckley
Red Right Ankle - The Decemberists
Cathedrals - Jump Little Children

No comments: