Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Facebook's new facelift

I signed into Facebook today and what did I find? Yet another facelift for the site. Though I can see how owner Mark Zuckerberg would think this was a good idea, I feel like all the new changes are really bad. I hate the new layout. I hate the "ghost" words. The front page when you log into your own account is increasingly annoying. I feel like every change that has been made so far has been a bad one. I've talked to a lot of friends about this and they agree that the new layout is terrible. How was this a good idea? One too many facelifts and you start looking like Jone Rivers and that's what The Facebook has become. The new features seem to promote stalking like telling your friends who's walls you have posted messages on and what new photographs have been uploaded of you. It's actually really creepy and you wonder why there have been an increase in stalking issues on campus lately. What's next, showing people who's profiles you've recently been looking at? At this rate, nobody is going to use facebook if these changes take away from our privacy. I hate to bitch about facebook, but it's gotten really ridiculous lately and I had to vent.

No comments: