Sunday, September 17, 2006

Updates coming at you...

- I saw The Last Kiss Friday with some friends and we LOVED it. It was a very absurd movie that provided no real solutions on how to right a very big wrong. I really liked the honesty in the fact that the ending was left somewhat resolved yet open ended. It really got me thinking if this is how my friends and I would turn out in 9 years. It kind of saddened me that we are all so capable of inflicting so much pain on somebody we love and vice versa. In that way, the movie was depressing because you realize that this happens to people all the time and they just have to figure it out. Conversely, though it was sad, I thought the bits of comedy throughout really saved it from being a complete downer. My roomate saw it with me and he said that he thought the movie could be depressing or funny depending on how you interpreted it. I can see how he would see that it's funny because in a way, the absurdism of it all pokes fun at our lives. I think I stand somewhere in between. I thought it was a good movie and if you're a Zach Braff fan you won't be let down. Go see it.

- We played Duke yesterday here at home and soundly beat them 36-0. It was a really good game, the weather was perfect. Here's a vid:



Tech Football on Vimeo

- Today is Mitch's 21st Birthday but he had his party last night and it was great. It wasn't a big party or anything, but he was surrounded by great friends and that's what a birthday should be right? The band, Glass came and celebrated with us. They're pretty cool guys. They even played some acoustic outside which was great. I had fun.

No comments: