Saturday, September 09, 2006

Staying IN on Friday night...

Yep, it's true. I decided to stay in tonight. Tomorrow is Todd's birthday and he's getting a boat for most of the day and afterwards, we're throwing him a party at my house so I figured I wouldn't have my morning to do my work. So, I decided to stay in tonight and read. I'm reading a book by Anne Moody called "Coming of Age In Mississippi." I've had this professor before for a different class where he has had us read "Coming of Age In Samoa" and "Coming of Age In New Jersey." This book by far has been my favorite. I cannot put it down. I easily read through nine chapters tonight (which is required for next week) but I think I'm going to keep on going. It's such a good autobiography of being born into slavery in the south. I especially like this professor for not requiring a textbook for this class because a) I get to save 100 bucks and b) reading autobiographies of people who lived through the time or were important political figures during the time gives you a lot more insight on what was going on rather than the sugar-coated at times bias text books that we are forced to read every year. Anyway, I'm going to get back to reading it. I reccommend it to anyone looking for a book to read. It's not your typical "leisure" book, but it's a fairly easy read - it also moves very quickly. I love it so far.

No comments: