Monday, September 11, 2006

Remembering...

There's nothing that can be said about today that hasn't already been said... but this struck a cord,

"We've come back to remember the valor of those we lost, those who innocently went to work that day and the brave souls who went in after them"

- Rudy Giuliani


In all the times I've gone to New York since 9/11, I could never bring myself to go to ground zero. However, this summer on a trip with my parents, I finally went. As I expected, it was completely overwhelming and that's from an outsider looking in. Needless to say, I had my sunglasses on and was standinging there with a few of my friends and we were just crying. It's unimaginable to have a gap that large in the sky... especially in the New York skyline where buildings are built on top of one another. It's been 5 years, but I can say that it still feels the same. I feel like I'm in my sophomore year of high school again, hearing about it on the PA system while chaos breaks loose as people try to contact their parents who work in The Pentagon... the wounds are still fresh. It's hard to let go.



Sept 11 (doc) on Vimeo

No comments: