Friday, May 18, 2007

Rachel and I had been planning to go to Georgetown today since the end of last week. Much to our dismay, the weather was not working with us tomorrow. Weather shifts I expect in Blacksburg... not in Northern Virginia. Anyway, we decided to suck it up, put on a sweater and stick to our plan of action. Destination: Georgetown. We were going, no matter what. Last night I charged the battery to my camera. Unfortunately, that did me no good as I forgot it this morning. Halfway to DC, Rach turns to me in the car and says, "I forgot my camera." I gues that's what happens on a cloudy day... everything/everyone happens to be a little "off." We made it to DC, got a great parking spot and began shopping. It had stopped raining by the time we got there and the sun even came out a little. A bunch of mid-aged men whized by us on their segway tour on our way and one stopped to ask me if I wanted a ride. He said it in a creepy tone, but just to amuse him, I said, "OF COURSE!" He smiled and rolled away. We passed by a dialysis place and Rachel's grandparents were there so we decided to stop in and surprise them. It was so wonderful. Her grandmother was so excited since she had been sitting in the waiting room for 4 hours before we arrived. We had no idea she would be there, just by chance we decided to pop in and check. It was very warm and lighthearted - she gave us cookies and told us lots of stories. I felt a little wiser when I left. We decided on La Madeleine for dinner and on our way there a french man ran into us and this is common because the sidewalks are packed in the summer and he said "Pardon Mademoseilles." It was sweet and made our choice to get french cusine for dinner all the more justified.

It was a great day. I'm looking forward to rediscovering DC this summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a nice time! georgetown's the best!