Monday, May 28, 2007

Reoccuring person in dream?

This is going to be long so for those of you brave enough to read through this... brace yourselves.

So recently I've had two dreams and the same person was in both. I'm not very good at interpreting these things so hopefully someone can help me out. First off, let me just say that I think it's odd that this person has been in my dreams lately because I haven't talked to him in awhile and when we do talk it's a very short exchange... so I'm not sure what this is all about. Okay so let's just get into this...

Dream #1

I'm at an indoor pool with my friend when I see said guy coming my way with one of his friends. For some reason when I saw him, I just wanted to avoid him. (Sidenote: in real life there was a period when I did kind of avoid him... not entirely on purpose but I did end up feeling bad about it later on) Anyway, we're in this pool area and as he walks towards me, the exits to the pool disappear and I have nowhere to go but I still didn't want to come face to face with him for some reason so my friend and I walk to the opposing end of the pool, he keeps trying to come closer and we basically just keep running around in circles. Finally, he kind of catches up and we are face to face... I don't remember if any words were exchanged but I remember the exits to the pool reappearing at that point and I was able to leave. Weird thing is, I left with him and an engagement ring. My friend and his friend kind of wern't in the dream at this point. I woke up really confused... seriously I haven't talked to this guy in so long so this whole commitment thing in the dream really freaked me out.

Dream #2 (same guy)

This actually happened today when I took a nap while it was raining outside. It was raining in my dream as well. Here's what went down: He had called me to tell me he was going to be in town at my school for some type of conference. I told him I may not be around after his conference because I was going to drive to another school to meet up with a friend. His conference ends and we meet up briefly, hugs are exchanged, and then I tell him I have to leave. He then insists on driving me in my car back to my place so I can get my things and pack the car. At this point my house at school has warped into a dorm/hotel kind of deal with El Rods (a popular restaurant down at school) in the basement in the lobby. It's very strange. Anyway, on the drive to my dorm/hotel/house whatever it is - he convinces me to just stay and hang out which I agree to, so I tell him he can just stay with me since I have plenty of room. We make it back to my hotel(ish) thing and we realize we have to go through El Rods to get upstairs to the elevators that will take us up... for some reason it was scary to go through El Rods - everyone was staring at us. So I guess his solution to this awkwardness was to hold hands and shut up. We made it to the elevators and up to my room and met up with the rest of the dorm mates (weird because i don't live in a dorm right now) and we all planned on going out... then I woke up.


Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Is there any symbolism behind these dreams that I'm just not seeing? Thoughts are always appreciated! Oh and has this ever happened to anyone else?

No comments: