Friday, February 03, 2006

Imagine that.

My roomate's friend from High School proposed to his girlfriend in his column that he writes for their university. Here is the link. I'm not sure I would like it if I were proposed to in a column. I really don't want to be proposed to in a largely public way (as you can see, i've thought about it... most girls do). And, for him, in doing this I'm sure there was a lot of anxiety. I think he waited for her to read the paper - and what if she didn't pick up the paper that day?! Well, I guess if her friends read it and knew that they were going out and knew that he wrote for the paper, word would probably reach her at some point. But imagine the anticipation and all the waiting... that's the worst part. Most people say that the seconds after you pop the question are the longest ones of your life. Imagine having to wait for your girlfriend to realize you've popped the question. Well, long story short - she said yes.

No comments: