Monday, February 06, 2006

Sounds like Morrissey?!

My friend Matt forward me the new Brand New CD [not in stores yet]. I feel spoiled and lucky that I get advances on these CDs. Anyway, I'm not normally a huge huge fan of Brand New but this CD is extremely reminiscent of Morrissey. It's actually pretty good, it's nothing like Deja Entendu. Not overpowered by guitars or drums, this CD highlights Jesse Lacey's voice and keeps things simple. Music you can study to (who would have ever thought that anyone would say that about Brand New?) Anyway, I reccommend this CD if you want some Morrissey with a Jesse Lacey twist.

1 comment:

aL said...

Not a huge fan of Brand New but I do like me some Smiths or Morrissey. If you want something bizarre, delightful and somewhat obnoxious, check out Gogol Bordello.