Saturday, February 25, 2006

MCATs and Prom.

This morning I took my MCAT prelim exam and luckily it wasn't the length of a full MCAT because I would have been upset. I spent most of my morning and my afternoon at the Kaplan center taking this thing and it lasted about 3 hours and 30 minutes. Truth be told, I wasn't super excited waking up this morning knowing that I would be spending most of my Saturday being scared by this prelim test. Anyway, I guess I could bore you and break it down... I just wanted to take it to see how I would do and just to see what the format of this test was and how the questions were worded. When it comes to these things, I am a huge fan of familiarizing myself with the material - there are so many hidden tricks and such. Anyway, as you can imagine, the test was pretty wretched. Everyone walked in half asleep and left shaking, anxious, and scared out of their minds. A lot of familiar faces from Alpha Epsilon Delta were there (no surprise). I still need to take 2 of the classes that are needed to take this exam for real, so I know that when my scores come back and they're not what I want them to be, I won't freak out. The first section included a lot of Organic Chemistry and just molecular structures. The second section was a verbal reasoning section which I think was my saving grace because the other two sections were so incredibly difficult. The last section was Biological Science which was okay, but I should probably look over the material since I don't remember much of the Biology that I took last year. But other than that, it was a good learning experience and I guess time will tell when it comes to these scores. I'm not expecting much, but if I did well great, if not then I'll know what I still need to work on. It's so surreal - all the preparation leading to this one test that will determine the next 4 years of my life. It's crazy, but I can't see myself doing anything else.

In other news... Tommy came to lunch with us today. He and I started being nostalgic and talking about High School and how absolutely crappy it was and we started talking about things like Prom and we realized the both of us didn't go to Prom our Senior year. Granted, that's not a big deal because Senior year, our prom was just really crappy - because of another school in our county that ruined it for everyone, parents and students had to sign a form saying that they wouldn't dance a certain way at prom and that the lights were to be kept on. Nobody wants to spend upwards of $400 dollars for a night like that... so today we decided that we're going to throw a prom party - no date required. We'll all dress up, drink, dance and just have a good time. We were even thinking of calling our HS principle and asking him to record his voice saying things like "you guys are way too close," or "don't make me kick you out," but I doubt he will do it. I'm really excited abuot this now. It will be a make-up Prom without all the High School drama.... I'm glad we're past that.

No comments: