Tuesday, May 02, 2006

I am still in love with Saturday

As you can hopefully gather from the pictures below. Saturday was a complete blast. I can probably go on record to say it was one of the most fun and memorable weekends of my year and I cannot wait to do it all over again next year. I met a lot of great people, got to catch up with a lot of old friends, went to an acapella concert, laughed, hugged, smiled, got nostalgic - it was perfect. Just what I needed after a stressful week and a perfect get away right before exams. There's really not much else to say about it, but I do have a short pretty insignificant clip of one of the horse races up on vimeo so check it out if you feel inclined to do so. In other news, today (perhaps I'm a little late on this) I found out that 9 of our football players got drafted! This is huge for us and it's a great reflection of our program under the guidance of Frank Beamer. I think this is great - these guys played their hearts out for the Hokies the past few years and they really deserve this and I wish them all the best and will forever remain a loyal fan to all no matter what team they're on... although I do feel that the Atlanta Falcon team is an extension of our Hokie team. :P One last thing before I go though... Marcus Vick wasn't drafted - go figure. And an important lesson we can all learn from this is that character is everything (okay, maybe not everything but it can certainly make you or break you).

No comments: