Monday, May 22, 2006

I will never stay here in the summer again.

It's been 24 hours since I've gotten here and as much as I love my school and as much as it makes me happy. I have felt anything but. It is far too weird without anybody here. Classes are fine, and more crowded then I'd imagine they'd be but it just doesn't feel the same. There's a lack of formality (which I will not complain about). My only annoyance is that it just doesn't feel right. I don't feel right. I hate it here in the summer and maybe (hopefully) my feelings will change but going to campus this morning. Walking to class. I saw about 10 people. 10! Nobody was crossing the drillfield. It was terrible. Then again, I'm not sure how I expected it to be. I mean obviously there will be a significantly lower number of people here in the summer but I didn't think I would dislike being here so much. My roomates and some of the guys in the complex have been telling me it's really not that bad and that I'm just shocked because I'm not used to it. They tell me I'll fall into a routine and I'll be fine but I'm not sure if I can see myself doing that. I just don't like not having all my friends around. I miss everyone already and it hasn't been that long. I'm itching for visitors (we have an extra room in the apartment). I miss one on one time with people at coffee shops on or off campus. Everything is closed! It's dead downtown. It's eerie. I wish I were home. My reason for coming down here for classes is avoiding a terrible commute, but I look back and kind of wish I stayed...

Sidenote... currently listened to DC grown, New York based band The Walkmen.

1 comment:

talk said...

it might be a feeling just temporary...ull get used to it :-)