Wednesday, May 31, 2006

In Review

- I have my first Physics test tomorrow. It's our first of 3 tests for this session which means that we are already a third of the way done. That just amazes me, seeing as I just got here a little over a week ago. I'm beginning to realize what "fast summer pace" really means. It's not bad. I can keep up, it's just wow. Time flies.

- My parents visited this weekend. It was great seeing them! I had been a little homesick and my dad brought me a box of The Wall Street Journal subscription I had gotten! I'm pretty nerdishly excited about that. Anyway, this time around they were on their way back froma trip to the beach for memorial day weekend and made a little pit stop here at Tech. I got to take them downtown and we walked around some and grabbed lunch at The Cellar. My parents were pleasantly surprised. I've never taken them downtown, we always opt for a restaurant in Christiansburg or some other neighboring town but it's a lot more calm here in the summer and they had a good time. They also got to see my townhouse and we're all really excited about that. My mom's already planning furniture arrangements and decor so at least it's keeping her busy with my sister and I both gone.

- I miss Bollo's with friends. I went this past weekend and got a lot of work done - it's just not the same though. I stayed there for a few hours and there were a few people coming in and out but around 7:30 ish, aside from the people that worked there it was just myself and another guy. It felt weird. This isn't the Bollo's I know, but no matter how many people are in there at any given time, there's this comfort I feel when I'm there and I haven't felt that since I've come back here and started summer session so I guess that means I'm just going to have to go more often.

- My MCAT classes tonight consisted of 3 hours of straight up O-Chem. I'm pretty sure I never want to repeat those 3 hours ever again.

- I'm missing all of you guys a lot. I hope to see you soon whether its by me coming home or you guys coming here. I miss familiar faces and the carefree that should be my summer. I guess what it comes down to is... I miss campus with all my friends just a few feet away. I guess its still going to take some time to get used to. I don't know if I ever will be used to this, but it's getting better everyday. Hope all is well with you guys. :P

No comments: