Sunday, May 07, 2006

Thriller, Thriller Night...

Last night was TNT's end of the year semi-formal. It was great to be with everyone again. I've been such a nerd the past few weeks with the semester coming to an end that I've missed a month or so worth of Thursday nights with these guys. Anyway, we all got dressed up and had a good time for the most part. Pictures will be up soon on Flickr and I have some hialrious footage of Matt and I dancing that I will put up on Vimeo sometime today so stay tuned... it's coming. This morning, Sharon picked up The Washington Post from Bollos and we sat in the lounge over brunch just reading it. It was great - I haven't read The Post like that in what seems like forever. I've always wanted to subscribe but doing it on campus is really difficult. I'm glad that I'll have a permanant address here that I can have this paper sent to come Fall. In addition, I think I will also be subscribing to The New Yorker as well. But anyway, reading it this morning made me realize how much I miss just having a paper in my hands on weekends. My dad and I used to fight each other in the mornings for The Post. We'd try to wake up earlier than the other on weekends and race down the stairs (we have 2 sets of stairs in my house that lead you to two different ways to exit the house) and try get the paper before the other one could. My sister has now joined this decade old tradition now because she's a huge fan of the Post's comics now giving us more competition. We're thankful that mom has no interest in waking up early to join us in our ridiculous obsession with this paper. I miss this. I'm spending my summer here in Blacksburg but I will get a few days at home and I can't wait to wake up in the morning and participate in The Post olympics.

In other news... check out Ben Gibbard's cover of Michael Jackson's "Thriller."

No comments: