Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Perfect Wedding

You know how girls spend their whole lives planning their weddings thinking about all the details of how they want it to be? I was never like that. I do admit that yes, I did look at rings Freshman year and dresses, and decided that I must get married in a beautiful church, but I was never the type of girl that planned the whole thing down to the details as most of my friends have. I never knew where I wanted to have it, what the color scheme should be, how to arrive there, etc etc... until, I saw this clip on Vimeo. THIS is a perfect wedding in my opinion. I love everything about it. It takes place in a Catholic church in New York City. That juxtaposition of such an old religion and such a "modernized" city (modern when compared to other cities around the world) is just so appealing to me. I love that part of it takes place on a rooftop, and the reception area is beautiful. The whole stairs leading down to the crowd after you get married is ideal. The sparklers at the end instead of rice, the old car. It goes with the theme of mixing old traditions with newer more modern things. I loved it. So there it is, somebody's wedding, but my ideal. I finally have an idea (but don't get me wrong, I'm not stressing over it or anything anytime soon - promise).



A New York Wedding on Vimeo

No comments: