Sunday, May 21, 2006

It's a little too quiet around here.

Maybe I came into this being a pessimist and that's what's putting me in this downer mood. I got back to Blacksburg today. The drive was pretty nice - bright and sunny the whole way down. I moved in and all that good stuff. There just aren't many people around. It kind of makes me sad. I'm a people persona nd there isn't noise! It doesn't feel right. Maybe I'm used to living in a dorm where at any given point there are people around doing something. Maybe I just need to warm up to living off campus. I'm with the Collegiate boys and of course they're GREAT. I love them to death, but there are only 4 of them here. 4! Do we not remember the Collegiate boys of Halloween in all their glory? That's a huge drop. I think I'm also not in such a good mood because I'm having some scheduling issues that I will hopefully work out. SOON. I don't like when I don't have my classes in order (which I thought I did) - it kind of makes me panic. I also think that I'm feeling a little homesick because my friends got together last night to send me off and for a few of them - it was the first time I saw them all summer. I had such a good time and I'm so glad so many people came out. I felt loved. Kaj even came and stayed after everyone left and we just sat and talked for about another hour. He is my partner when going into DC and that was on my list of things to do this week but I never got around to it. Sad huh? Hopefully, I'll be able to make nice weekend trips home. It feels like my summer hasn't even begun yet and it's already cut short and in reality, that's exactly what happened. I was getting so used to being home. My parents have been GREAT to me and I miss them taking care of me and not having to think about anything. I'm kind of let down that I feel this way, but maybe things will work themselves out. It's just one of those nights... :(

No comments: