Friday, November 24, 2006

My Thanksgiving...

felt like it was a scene from a movie. It was amazing/completely random which I think describe my family quite well.

So I guess I might as well run through the highlights of this day with my family (27 in attendance).

1. My 2 year old cousin streaked during dinner. Straight up took EVERYTHING off and ran around the room. This is my life. Immediately, I knew that he would regret this one day. My grandfather took pictures and I'm sure they'll resurface when he's 14, insecure and attending his first homecoming.

2. My cousin Brian (12) made roast beef and mashed potatoes and it was really good. I don't think I can even make food like that and i'm 20.

3. My uncle made everyone Mojitos and drunk karoke proceeded. It's funny seeing men over 30 sing Mariah Carey's "Hero" in unison. Namely the part that goes, "you can find loveeee if you search within your SOULLL." I will probably laugh everytime I hear this song from now on because this image is forever burned into my memory.

4. My uncle after a few glasses of Merlot came up to me and said "I got you dawg" and did the chest pound thing. It was awkward.

5. My other uncle was pretty drunk and went table to table (there were 5 in all) telling all of us how thankful he was for having us in his life and then proceeding to name everything else he was thankful for and then repeating himself about 10 times throughout the night. He also gave us motivational speeches about how we should really just "live for the moment because we never know what tomorrow is going to bring."
Gosh, I love family.

No comments: