Thursday, November 23, 2006

The one thing that gets me...

It's that season again and the bell ringers are out. You know, the Salvation Army ones that stand outside in the cold ringing away. I cannot say no to these people. It's my one weakness and they get me EVERY SINGLE TIME. I can't avoid them, I can't just turn and walk away. It's not fair! They get frail old people to ring the bells in negative 10 degree weather. THEY ARE SO GOOD at this game.

Take yesterday for instance. I was driving to the mall and it's raining hardcore outside. I'm stopped at a red light and this guy walking up and down the side of the road raising money for church in a poncho that is not even keeping him dry knocks on my window. DAMNIT! Ugh... so of course I gave in. I just can't help it. Even if the moeny wasn't going to his church, he was standing outside in the rain and it was cold! I just had to.

And that's what I hate about the Holiday season. I don't mind giving people money when I have it, but I hate the feeling of being guilted into giving people money. I don't think it's fair.

No comments: