Saturday, July 17, 2004

Here's to the nights we felt alive - here's to the tears you knew you'd cry - here's too goodbye tomorrow's gonna come too soon... too soon
 
I don't even want to think about leaving and saying my goodbyes... as July comes to an end, my days are limited with the people that mean the world to me. I'm not ready nor am I prepared for any of this. Of course I am so excited about this fall and new experiences, new friendships and everything in between, but there's a piece of me that desperately wants to stay and that piece of me is hanging on to a string that I've reached the end of. Goodbyes are not my forte and seeing as how I am one of the first to leave [aside from fellow Hokies Drew, Tommy, and Brit] I'm really dreading it. I don't know how to go about it, and I am 100% not ready to look in the eyes of all these people that I have grown with and have shaped me into the person I am today knowing that I may never see these some of these people again. In school they prepare you for academic success, but they don't prepare you for anything like this. At one point, I know I'll eventually have to let go, but it's way too soon and it makes me so sad just thinking about it. We have made it so far with one another there every step of the way, for moral support to catch us when we fall, through all the laughter and the tears... how can I possibly have to say goodbye to you guys? I can't bring myself to do it and let me just warn you guys now that I will be so emotionally unstable that week it'll be funny. I have spent the last 4 years trying to figuring out how this whole system works and trying to make it so that I am comfortable in the skin that I'm in as well as the people I surround myself with and FINALLY... I am able to do that after all those years and now I have to just up and go and leave my comfort zone. I can't do it, not now, not yet.
 
So after a lot of polling, late night phone calls, a million questions, and then some... I've finally decided that for my Birthday we should all go to Georgetown. Yes, and we'll even make it a black tie event - seeing as how this is one of the last events where we all can be together before everyone leaves, we might as well look hot right? Why not make the pictures and the memories awesome. Ha ha... plus Georgetown's night life is amazing not Beach Week amazing, but pretty amazing none the less. :)
 
And with that I sign off with really really mixed emotions.

No comments: