Saturday, July 31, 2004

I found an old blog entry off of easyjournal and it was about Greg... I've noticed that my other entries are so much better than the ones on here. I guess it's because they're more personal? Not that I wouldn't share my life with anyone reading on here... I guess I'm not ready to share everything.

But here's the entry... I don't know why I chose this one out of all the others, but I did. I'm not talking about Over It by the way.

Blogged 3.11.2004

:: The time it takes, the time it takes to let go ::

We don't stand a chance in this threadbare town... so I was talking to a friend of mine today whose band got signed not too long ago [I am so happy for them], and is currently touring the United States. It's really interesting to see them grow and how far they've come [Geeze, I sound like a mother]. They've worked so hard for this and I'm so excited that they're finally being rewarded for all their hard work and living out their dreams... small town boys, with big dreams, and where does that leave me in the picture? I am but a bystander, smiling because of their progress and success, but crying inside because I know that they'll be leaving despite all their promises not to. Please don't make promises you can't keep. Please don't. Anyway, my friend has been touching base with me as his band hits all the venues of Florida, Texas, Vegas and now California... I like that all of this hasn't gotten to him [so far so good, please don't lose your southern charm, I love you for it], anyway, I love how excited he gets when he plays a show, he calls or leaves messages where I can feel all the emotions that he does and I can't help but want to hug him and be there with him and his band. I know this is a big deal for them, and it's amazing... Anyway, back on track, so the band is in California right now. Los Angeles right now aka "City of Angels," and he called and was telling me how much he loved it. Naturally. Who doesn't love California?! He loves L.A., I can hear it in his voice... his evident satisfaction is so clear to me, almost as clear as the words I anticipate he'll say in the following days, "Goodbye, I'm leaving you for L.A." And that's why i'm crying inside, I am SO happy for him, don't get me wrong, this is everything he has ever wanted and then some... call me selfish, but I don't want to lose him to L.A. but I know I will, even though he promised before he left that he'd always come back, I have a feeling that things have changed. I can hear it in his voice... he's in love with L.A. I can't take that feeling from him, nor can I compete with it... and what hurts is that I know the news is coming... even though he hasn't said it yet, I know it will come if not sooner than later. Cheers Darlin...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't lose me to LA, I'm still here 4 months later - see I did come back. I promised. I didn't know it bothered you so much either. But, I'm still here and that's what matters. Oh yeah, I'm not going anywhere either.

Greg

Mary said...

You're not going anywhere for now that is... and anyway I'm leaving soon too. :/

What to do?