Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Moving, moving - up up and away.

So as many of you know I'm moving. Saying goodbye to the house I have lived in for a whole 5 years and trying to call this new place 'home.' I'm leaving in August, so I have a month. It won't feel like home. I just know it won't, especially when I come back for breaks. Don't get me wrong - I LOVE this new house, but I feel like I'm leaving so much behind at the same time. But that's life right? You just have to move on and make new memories. On that note, I've realized that I will be moving a lot. Moving into the new house with my parents and then less than a month later - moving into my own place.

Yes, moving into my own place. Crazy. I act like it's going to be amazing. I know I will have all the freedom in the world, but to tell you the truth... my parents aren't very restrictive. They figure I'm old enough to do my own thing and I thank them for that and I thank them for giving me my space and not always telling me what to do. Moving out is a big step even though I'll be with Sarah. We'll have so much fun - there's no doubt about it, it's just that it won't be the same. I'll have to learn how to cook. I'll have do do things for myself - I won't have anyone to do them for me and I'm okay with that. I know I will have my ups and downs and I can promise you that I will have money management issues because I've never had my own bank account. I know imagine that. I don't know how to balance a check book. But this is what being independant is all about right? Letting go - finally doing things for yourself. I've lived a pretty sheltered life, and there have always been people that I could go to for help or lean on whenever I needed them. Now that my cushion's gone - the only person I can go to is myself. And in some ways that's a scary thought. Imagine growing up and always have somebody else make the decisions for you and not have to worry about anything and it's surreal to know that I won't have that group of people anymore. But in all honesty - this is what I need. I need to learn to do things for myself - these people won't be around forever. I'm ready to take on these challenges whatever they may be and learn some life lessons.

Song of the Day: "Mad World" - Gary Jules.

No comments: