Monday, July 19, 2004

I bought High Fidelity the other day. I love that movie, it's about time I owned it. Every time I watch it, I tell myself I'm going to make "top 5" lists, but I never really do it so... this time I'm determined to do a top 5 of some kind, maybe not the top 5 most hurtful relationships like John Cusack did in the movie - I don't know if I even have a top 5 for that yet, but I want to do something... anything... so here goes...
 
Top 5 songs [at the moment]
 
1. Hallelujah ~ Rufus Wainwright
2. Somebody told me ~ The Killers
3. Method Acting ~ Bright Eyes [Conor Oberst is a musical genius]
4. Blue Eyes ~ Glendora [I will break down when I hear this song]
5. We Looked like Giants ~ Death Cab for Cutie [Ben Gibbard is just... wow]
 
* On that note... let it be known that my ULTIMATE DREAM would be for Conor Oberst and Ben Gibbard to collaborate and blow our minds. Anyone agree?
 
Top 5 CDs in rotation [at the moment]
 
1. Lifted or The Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground ~ Bright Eyes
2. Beneath the Medicine Tree ~ Copeland [That one gets me every single time]
3. Stop the all the world ~ Howie Day
4. Franz Ferdinand ~ Franz Ferdinand
5.  Transatlanticism~ Death Cab for Cutie
 
*Note: Something Corporate's "North" was really close and almost made it in the top 5
 
And that concludes the top 5's for now... but they will be back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Blue Eyes made it on your list and I hope never to make it on your top 5 for worst relationships list. I'm sorry and if anything, read the last page.

JP.

Anonymous said...

hey, get on AIM again if you can..my connection is being a bit unruly, didn't mean to disappear like that.