Thursday, July 15, 2004

www.pheer.com <~ make that your best friend. I sware you'll find some of the BEST bands and BEST concerts in the area. Trust me. Oh just by the way... the stills are awesome, I'm currently listening to their Logic will break your heart CD. Ironically Logic will break your heart.

So I went to Tech the past few days. It was good I guess. My group kind of sucked, the people in it were just so weird and it's not like I came in not willing to open up and give them the time of day... I just felt that they were really ehhhh and you know how you just know? - It was kind of like that. Now I'm not saying all of them were bad or anything it's just that we were all really out of our comfort zones and so we were all nice to each other but I got the feeling I would not be hanging out with any of them this fall which is fine. Overall campus is AMAZING. Pedrew-Yates is the hottest place EVER... I bleed chicago maroon and burnt orange. On second thought, I just wear those colors... and good times. WOO. PS: THE PRE-MED/HONORS DEAN IS FRIKIN AWESOME. GOOO DR.SMITH!

Okay so I got tickets to go see OAR, Howie Day and Graham Frikin Colton at Wolf Trap... how HOT is that? I'm so excited. The show will be orgasmic. I hear Howie Day is phenomenal live and I don't doubt that. I have his Madrigals EP and it came with a DVD which is him doing an underground show in New York before he put out his first full length and it is mind-blowing. This guy is all kinds of talented and I'm so glad I will FINALLY get to see him in concert. I love what he can do on the acoustic. John Mayer, screw you. I love Howie Day - he's probably one of the best kept secrets out there. People like him make me love MAINE. Although what's not to love about Maine? Boats, Docks, Water... awesome.

Today I read about 17 students from Linköping University that have created a self parking car. And get this... it PARALLEL PARKS... PERFECTLY. Isn't that amazing? I sound like a dork. I probably do, but I mean how insane is that? Some people are just wow... I don't even know. If I ever met one of these guys I don't know what I'd do, but just think 17 people can change the way every single car is made from here on out. 17 people can make the lives of billions that much easier or that much better. I just thought it was cool.

That's all for now. I know these blogs are really really all over the place so sorry about that.

Part of Dr.Snizck's lecture: What two things should you never be late for in your life? a)Class, does anybody know what "b" is?

Random people: Your WEDDING, Your Funeral, Your Graduation
Doc S: You can be late to your wedding, it doesn't matter, you can be late to your funeral, and your graduation, and let me just tell you NO ONE will care if you're late to graduation, we'll just start without you...
Random people: So what is it?
Doc S: McDonalds Breakfast, remember 10:30 on weekdays and 11:00 on weekends... because if you want a hashbrown YOU CAN'T HAVE ONE if you're late, THEY'LL THROW THEM ALL AWAY - THEY'RE NOT GONNA WAIT FOR YOU...



No comments: