Saturday, October 23, 2004

I want a damn Flu Shot.

Last year I skipped my flu shot because up until that point, my immune system had been doing an amazingly kick ass job where I would never get a cold. EVER. It was THAT good. So I waited around, my parents got their flu shot and asked if I wanted to get mine and I graciously declined and the next day... guess who gets the frikin flu. Yep... yours truly. I mean, it was expected right? Stupidity usually ends up in consequences. Anyway, long story short, I ended up being sick for three weeks... and the crappy kind of sick where I can't move or function, but since it was midterms I had to stay up and study.... so basically it just sucked. Well, in recent news... there has been a shortage in flu vaccinations. GREAT. I came home this weekend hoping I could get one from my doctor here who just happens to be my Godfather... (so of course I knew I was guaranteed one because I have connections like that.... ha ha) anyway, he too says he is on the "waiting list" for flu vacinations and they're suppose to come in two weeks... but he doubts it. GREAT. Hopefully, this won't be a repeat of last year. I really dislike being sick.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/10/23/vaccine.factory.ap/index.html

Above, is a link to the article that CNN had about Flu vacination shortages...

In other news... today I decided that I liked the name "Jevic" - I am weird, I know.

No comments: