Monday, October 11, 2004

Jason and Kathryn came to Tech this weekend since it was their Fall break! I had a lot of fun. I haven't seen them in what seems like forever and I haven't been home either so it was really good to just to be able to hang out with them and feel 'at home' again. This was probably one of the best weekends I've had here so far despite the fact that NOBODY stayed this weekend since the football game was at Tech. (PS: Kaj tells me that there were more Tech fans at the WFU game then WFU fans...)

Friday I went to a local concert here in Squires with a friend from Radford which was a lot of fun. The bands were pretty good and it felt like Flipside all over again. I miss flipsides so much. (Note to self: don't ever take that for granted... EVER) Anyway this was the closest thing to Flipside I've seen here all year and it kind of makes me sad, but I mean I'm not going to complain, it could be worse and I should just take what I can get because I'm surprised that people even like this music around here... granted that the crowd wasn't nearly as large as Flipside, but hey you can't have it all.

Saturday, Kathryn came right when I woke up so we went to get some smoothies and did a campus tour and downtown blacksburg tour and then Jase came. We went to Christiansburg for dinner and waited foreverrrr at Outback, but it was good to have some REAL food. Then we just hung out all night. Jason and I went to a party that sucked, but that's okay we just ended up back in my room hanging out with Kathryn so it was good times. I miss these kids.

Sunday, Kathryn left for Radford and then JMU so it was sad to say bye to her, but I'm going back home in two weeks so hopefully I'll get a chance to drive to Mount St. Mary's. After Kathryn left, I did the campus/downtown blacksburg tour with Jase... I felt like such a tour guide, which is ironic because the College of Science asked me to do the student ambassador thing for the orientation groups. Ha.... I'm not sure, I may end up doing it, but who knows... it depends on how much time I have and if I think I can pretend everything's okay when it's not and put on a smile for all the prospectives... as if I don't do that for everyone already. Anyway, yeah so Kathryn left and Jase and I hung out we went to Wal-Mart later that night which was AWESOME becuase I haven't been in SO long and man Super Wal-Marts are pretty cool... not gonna lie. I sound so lame right now, but you're probably used to it. When we came back, we went over to Emo-Matt's because he called and had just come back from NoVa and wanted to see Jason. So we went over there and came back here and I had to do some work and that was that.

Monday (which is today) kinda sucked because Jason left, and then I had an 8am (Sociology) which was great because I went and my professor made us watch the first part of "Ghosts of Rwanda" and it's the saddest movie I've seen next to Schindler's list. It's about the Rwanda Genocide... in detail... with real footage of the slaughtered bodies sans cinematography. Ugh, it's disgustingly painful to watch, at times, I had to just stare at the ground because I couldn't take it anymore and I can't really leave since I'll be tested on this. 800,000 people died as the world just watched and turned their backs. It's insane to think how inhumane people can be. Hearing about a priest being cut to death is not exactly the best way to end your weekend and start your Monday morning. Then, I got back and Jason pretty much had to leave right away which is sad, but he's going back home in two weeks as well so we'll be running into each other again. After Jason left, I realized I had my Psyc rec class in which I did NO work in because it totally slipped my mind so I had like a power hour of Psychology speeding awesomeness. That kind of sucked, I hate being rushed, but alas, I got everything done, went to class, then went to Bio and now I'm here. It's been a rough day but it's pretty nice out so I shouldn't be one to complain.

Hope your day is better than mine... on second thought, it probably is.

No comments: