Thursday, October 14, 2004

Via Collegiate Times and Tim Mulherin.


4:30 p.m.
"I enter the belly of the beast. My spidey senses are going crazy, and I passed a big sign saying "Welcome to UVA." I see a guy ride a bike past my car wearing khakis, a blue button-up shirt, a bow tie and a bicycle helmet with a rearview mirror attached. I remind myself to stay vigilant on my trip and not be fooled by teh people at UVa and their superior mental capicity. I don't want to fall victim to their "fancy talk."

4:35 p.m.
I am driving towards my buddy's house. I end up driving down several roads and all were named Rugby: Rugby ROad, Rugby Ave., etc - diabolical. Oh, I see the mind games have started, UVa. I go down Rugby Road. It is the correct Rugby; I am so smart. I also noticed something strange, but not shocking, in my first five minutes driving through C-ville: all the UVa stereotypes about dressing were absolutely correct. There were ties and popped collars as far as the eye could see. But more disturbing was the fact that the guys looked like the biggest tools in the world. I mean, guys that were on your high school's math competition team. They all were rail-thin characters with pale skin and facial hair befitting a prepubescent schoolboy. Their dress was quite benefitting their perceived character - white and blue striped pants and a horrendous orange/blue shirt/tie combination that would make Liberace say, "That's tacky as hell."

7:45 p.m.
The Hill is a terrible place in what is a surprisingly nice stadum. On the Hill, all youc an do is stand, which is fine by me. But you have to stand on an extreme incline. Your toes cram against the front of your shoes - think of bamboo shoots going into your toes. It was hilarious, however. Drunk UVa'ers kept slipping on precariously placed programs causing them to slide down the hill, taking out Cavaliers left and right. I have a slight grin' they think they are SO smart but gravity always wins.

Amen.

No comments: