Saturday, October 23, 2004

Yea-yuh! I'm back at home!

It's so relaxing and really hectic all at the same time. It's good to be with family again (this is the first time I've been home since I left in August for Tech) and what I've realized is that I've taken my room for granted. I love it... it's more than an 11 x 15 foot space (the size of my dorm room). I have all this space now and I don't know what to do with it. Don't get me wrong I love my dorm, I think everything worked out really well all thanks to Sarah but the space is REALLY nice. I miss everyone. I got a chance to talk and hang out with a lot of people today. I'm sure the parental units are kind of sad that I'm home but not really home... if that makes any sense. It's kind of hard to balance friends and family especially only if you have a weekend to do it. Keirn flew in from New Orleans today and Meghan Unc is already back as well as Rachel and Mike and the people I rode back with...

Oh man that car ride was definately ridiculous. Drew Landsburg.... called shotgun leaving me in the back of Emo Matty's car with Rogers.... yeah, thanks life. Needless to say, I TOOK ONE FOR THE TEAM AND YOU KNOW IT. Ha ha... I felt so outnumbered! 2 guys, a girl and a fuckass. Great. 3:1 ratio.... what is that crap? I was definately feeling the lack of estrogen... It was a fun ride though, I liked how the boys sang along off key and in the spirit of Sarah, Matty did his lispy thing and we got it all on video thanks to Matty's awesome double threat camera. We also got to sit in traffic for 2 hours where we only progressed 15 frikin miles because a truck had exploded and fallen on route 81 closing 3 fucking lanes. It was absolutely insane. Both lanes were closed on 81 South... traffic was backed up for 10 miles and the left lane was closed on 81 North because the truck had gone across the median and as we drove by we saw a car that was scorched (hopefully nobody was hurt) and the truck's cargo looked like it had caught fire, but the front of the truck which had fallen across the median looked fine. Okay so maybe it wasn't a truck it was more of a gazillion wheeler type deal. So other than traffic, the trip was really good. I love these guys they're so much fun! Yes, I just admitted that. Matt's going to get the pictures from this trip on his computer soon so I'll blog them because he's too lazy to.

Anyway when I got back I ended up going to Anthony and Gloria's for dinner. It was a lot of fun, I felt so at home. Matty was right, the Berini's are the shit. I love them. Ant has some pretty awesome parents and his mom is a kick ass chef. The food was so good and the conversation that we had at the dinner table was so funny. I love these people! I LOVE THEM! :)

Then, I went to Best Buy afterwards before it closed hoping that they'd have the CD I was looking for since CD Cellar and the Record Exchange in Blacksburg did not... and guess what fucking corporate Best Buy doesn't have it either. Great! I guess I'll purchase it online which is what I should have done weeks ago to begin with.

Tomorrow should be a fun day. I have tons of family coming over all day so that is exciting. I was also planning on going to the Homecoming parade with Rachel and Meghan and going to the HC game as well. Then, I was hoping to fit a little shopping in. I need some clothes. Today I went to Wal-Mart and finally bought my anti-bacterial hand sanitizer. I am weird with stuff like that. I really am. I just can't live in a dorm without it... yeah I know it's sad. You really don't have to be my friend if you don't want to.

ALSO, I Heart Huckabees came out today so that is something to look forward to! I guess I'll end this now because it's kind of long and I should probably go be productive and catch up with some people.

1 comment:

Michael L. said...

You should fill all that space in your room with Vodka. Then you'd be surrounded by love instead of obnoxious people with no estrogen. That'll be two cents.