Friday, October 08, 2004

So in recent news, the British hostage has indeed been decapitated.

When will this end?! At first when I heard about the behedding of the reporter guy back when we first entered Iraq, I was appauled. Then they started posting footage of these beheadings online. This is so inhumane. But maybe that's just because in western civilization, that's what we are taught. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that beheadings are right... The rebel groups that are doing the beheadings are obviously anti-western civilization and all that we stand for. And beheadings are symbolic of separating the mind from the body, like a purification. Because they think that we are wrong in the way we think, they feel as though beheadings will purify the souls of those people they are beheading or something along those lines. I still think it's tragic and I am in no way agreeing with it because it's torture but I just thought I'd share my thoughts... not that anyone really reads this anyway. My uncle told me he watched one of the beheadings online and asked if I wanted to see it. Obviously I said no because i'm not big into the gore... i kept twitching during Troy... but yeah since I didn't see it, he thought he'd fill me in on it so he described in detail what had happened. Never in my life have I ever been so disgusted in anything before. It's painful to hear about it beacause it's another HUMAN life that is being slaughtered. How can you hate someone you don't know so much enough to do that to them. What if that was your husband, wife, son, or daughter? I can't imagine what his family is going through right now, I mean they killed the two American hostages first (it seems like they're killing all the Americans, the egyptians got to leave free of harm) so the families of this british guy must have been hopeful that he would survive because he went weeks without being decapitated (I was going to say weeks without being harmed, but who knows if he was really harmed or not). And the fact that they built all the hope up only to come to the realization that he is never going to come back and they won't even have a full body to bury. It's unimaginable, I don't think I could ever go through something like that. I wouldn't be able to cope. When will all this madness end?

This is the reality we have to live in.

No comments: