Monday, November 29, 2004

In an attempt to not do work (a successful attempt, I must add)... I'm blogging because I cannot stand looking at numbers or reading my life away into oblivion anymore. No, I will not have it.

So anyway, I always feel bad for you guys because everytime I have a "don't feel like doing work" blog entry... it always sucks real bad. So I am sorry in advanced. I'll make you cookies or something. And with that, my ramble commences! (Get excited!)

The day I realized that my life had hit an all time low demonstrated through conversation with Colin over Thanksgiving break...

Colin: Hey, remember that one weekend where Jason's life hit an all time low?
Me: of course!
Colin: yeah that really sucked, he wrecked his car, then went out the next night to drink away the pain... only to have the party broken up by the state police and brought home to his parents by his friends who were too stupid to take him to the basement with the key he had in his pocket. Seriously, who rings the door bell at 3 am... who do you think is going to open the door?!
Me: yeah that really sucks... I think I've got him beat though.
Colin: oh yeah? Let's hear it
Me: my life hit an all time low when Cheny King told me she had a boyfriend... yeah that pretty much did it for me. I don't think I left my house for a week, I was just far too depressed.
Colin: Cheny King had a boyfriend?
Me: she still does... yeah and if my life were to be graphed right now, there'd be a tear stained graph with a red horizontal line coasting at zero... at least before I heard the news my red line was at 1.
Colin: she still has a boyfriend? Way to go, I didn't know that... now MY life has hit an all time low... I thought it was bad before but DAY-UM. This takes the cake... thanks a whole frikin lot.
Me: hey you didn't have to bring up all time lows in people's lives.

* Sadly, this conversation did exist. It took place in Ashburn at about 12 am... and yes, it is true... Cheny King has outdone us all. I bet she's basking in the glory of her future husband making wedding cards that say TOUCHE BITCHES!

Life: 1
Mary: 0

okay back to work... FOR REAL this time.

PS: I'm listening to Death Cab for Cutie's Tiny Vessels right now... it's kind of sad, but if you want to have a listen, let me know and I'll send it to you.

No comments: