Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Today is definately a Ted Leo & The Pharmacists kind of day...
(kind of morbid, yes, but it's just so good)

Song: Me & Mia
Album: Shake the Sheets!

As I was walking through a life one morning
The sun was out, the air was warm but ohh, I was cold,
And though I must have looked a half a person,
To tell their tale in my own version, It was only then that I felt whole.

Do you believe in something beautiful? Then, get up and be it!
Fighting for the smallest goal to get a little self control.
I know how hard you try. I see it in your eyes.
Call your friends, 'cause we've forgotten
What it's like to eat what's rotten, and what's eating you alive, might help you to survive.

We went on, as we were on a mission, latest in a grand tradition.
Ohh, what did we find? It was Viggo who was flying the banner,
Me and Mia, Ann and Ana, ohh, we'd been unkind.

Do you believe in something beautiful? Then, get up and be it!
Fighting for the smallest goal to get a little self control.
I see it in your eyes, I see it in your spine, but
Call your friends, 'cause we've forgotten
What it's like to eat what's rotten.
And what's eating you alive, might help you to survive, and

Even the nights that could get better.
And even the days ain't all that bad.
And after a week of fighting, as more and more it seems that I think,

Do you believe in something beautiful? Then get up and be it!
Fighting for the smallest goal to to gain a little self control
Won't anybody here, just let you dissapear?
Now, doctors know your mom and dad, but me and Mia, Ann and Ana
know how hard you try, don't you see it in my eyes?

Sick to death of my dependence, Fighting food to find trancendence.
Fighting to survive. More dead, but more alive.
Cigarettes and speed for living, sleeping pills to feel forgiven.
I know that you can try, And all that you're deprived.
What a bourgeois social angel! Telling you you've got to change.
Don't have any idea. They'll never see so clear.
But Don't forget what it really means to hunger strike,
what you don't really need is someone dying for the cause, but that don't make it yours.
And even the nights that could get better...

* Okay and now you're probably wondering what makes this song so morbid when it's so upbeat and "happy" sounding... think of it this way Mia = code for bullemia and Ann/Ana = anorexia... now all the doctor stuff and fighting food or fighting to survive makes sense doesn't it?

No comments: