Thursday, October 13, 2005

I owe it to you to fill you in on the best weekend of my waking existance!
(as you can possibly tell by the pictures posted below)

Friday

Audrye Sessions and The Cushion Theory played at Deet's place on campus. I can't believe I actually got them to come. After we got all the parking and stuff settled, we had a few hours before the show so I took them to West End for dinner (where Mike shared his extensive knowledge of penguins with me) and then Tony met up with us and we just hung out at She Sha (the Hooka bar here). I had never been there, but it was such a nice place. I loved it, we smoked Hookah with them and then played some scrabble and chess. It sounds corny but it was just really chill. Afterwards, we headed over to Deet's for the show and it was a GREAT show. Emphasis on GREAT. I loved it. Cushion Theory did a lot of Pavement-ish stuff and Audrye Sessions was just awesome. Keep an ear out for them, they'll probably be resurfacing soon. Anton was PHENOMENAL on the violin as usual. Loved it, and so did everyone else. Turnout wasn't spectacular, I'd say there were around 30 people there, but the set up was a little different so it may have just loked empty. Anyway Audrye Sessions was a big hit. Everyone seemed to really enjoy it and they basically met everyone there because they are just that awesome. Afterwards we went to this girl's house in Christiansburg (she is a grad student who offered up her place for the night) and Kathleen, Tony and I went and drank with them, and taught them how to play kings. I can't believe they've never played, but they were pretty into the game. It was great. We left around 3 in the morning and I decided to be DD after drinking a bottle of wine earlier and got lost on 81 for a little, but made it safely back to campus b/c of my awesome skills. I thought I was going to see them and say goodbye on Saturday but Tony never called when he drove Jordan home so that was a neg. It was great of them to come by because it contributed to the most BANGIN' weekend of my existance.

Saturday

So I got back to my room at about 4am after dropping everyone off and returning Tony's car, and decided I smelled like smoke, band, and alcohol so I took a shower and went to bed at 5am only to realize that Patrick was coming in 3 hours. So anyway, I woke up at 8 and went over to Sagers to pick up an ID for Pat to use. He came right before the game and then we were off to see the Hokies slaughter the Thundering Herd. It was pretty crucial. Not even gonna lie. I woke up with the biggest hangover ever. A sign of a good night, but I felt really bad for Pat because I was kind of lame the whole day because I was so tired. Anyway, afterwards we went to Kathleen's place because her parents were here (which was so crucial for her b/c she was out with me the night before) and they cooked yummy food for us and then we sat around and watched more Football until about 6. Then that night, we went to a FIJI party in Collegiate and it was bangin. Those guys are great. I heart them. They always throw down and we always have a flippin awesome time. Anyway, it was a good time and we got back around 2 where I legitimately passed out in my bed and it was probably the most wonderful moment of my life.

Sunday

I slept in until about noon and Kathleen woke my lazy ass up and we decided to go to the pillow fight on the drillfield. The brothers of Beta Theta Pi sponsored the event and were trying to break the world record for largest pillow fight except for it was fall break and no one was here so only 954 people came out. Record broken or not, we raised a shit load of money for Katrina and had a great time. When the buzzer went off, it was complete chaos. Frikin ridiculous. I came in thinking oh, I'll just wack a few of my close friends, but when Beamer and Greenberg went at it, all hell broke loose and everyone was wacking everyone else. Coleman Collins (Tech basketball player) also came by and hit me with his pillow. Not gonna lie, I was pretty frikin honored. Apparently Big Drew says Mr.Collins hit him in the balls and he was even more honored than I am... (oh, it's the little things in life, yes?) That aside, it was probably the best 10 minutes EVER. Afterwards, since Kathleen and I are frikin awesome friends we went and visited Jerry at work and bought some stuff from American Eagle and went out to lunch at Cinco De Mayo and then went and did some grocery shopping for our girls night that followed. We ended up staying in because we had a pretty rough 2 days of non-stop crazy ass partying and we got pedicures, made pasta and watched Garden State. It was fun. I slept over at her apartment.

Monday

I woke up at 9 to go meet Kathryn in Winston-Salem. She just moved to Charlotte and didn't want me driving all that way so we met in-between. We had the best lunch ever at The Village Tavern and did a little shopping. It was great catching up and seeing her. The drive down to Winston was so tough. It was raining non stop and I had to get on 3 different interstates so it was kind of confusing but alas. All was well and I did not get pulled over which was awesome. I realize that I lost track of time when Kathleen called at 4 and asked why I wasn't back on campus yet. I didn't have time to go see the kids at Wake which was sad and so I hauled ass back to campus and did work the rest of the night to prepare for this week.

Anyway, that was basically the summation of the best frikin weekend EVER. Oh, how good it is to be young and loving life.

2 comments:

Ross said...

Paulo loves you.

~Paulo

Anonymous said...

I did a blog search on google for keywords "Beta Theta Pi" and found this entry. The pillow fight was a success, and I'm really glad you had a great time (i was head coordinator). I wanted to know if we were to host the same event in the spring and then annually from that point, would you attend? I think a lot of people had a great time with the pillow fight and we want to keep trying to break the pillow fight til it's beaten. My e-mail address is sbrylski@vt.edu. I'm glad we could help make that weekend "the best ever". :)