Monday, October 17, 2005

Sweet, sweet men.

As you can see from the pictures below, I was seduced by a bumblebee at the Jason Mraz show on enemy territory (UVnAy). Girls like sweet guys and as you can tell, this certain one had girls flocking to him... Okay, so now that I have outstretched that metaphor, I guess I could fill you in on the show... (all 2 of you who actually read this) So, Jason Mraz was playing at UVA (nobody knows why...) but he was and I am a fan of his acoustic. I fell in love with him and his cocky ass (ha ha ironic no?) in his days of acoustic in California coffee shops. Anyway, the concert was good overall, but I've seen better from him. I'm by no means saying he's a sell out, but I wish he would have done more of his acoustic because that's what I came to see and that's what started his career. It would be nice to see him sticking to his roots, but alas this new CD has come out, "Mr.A-Z" and he had to play the usual hits from that. I was really impressed with his encore rendition of "Plane." I think that song beautifully displays his vocal range. It made me weak. It was that good. He played a few old songs, which was nice but the new songs kind of overpowered those. Overall, it was okay, but he could have done better. He was also wearing a pink shirt that said Geek on it (another play on words promoting his Geek in the Pink song) and I think I heard about 500 different people fawning over how "genius" that shirt was. Please, spare me. The last time I saw him, he was at the 9:30 club and it was absolutely phenomenal... maybe it was because the setting wasn't as intimate or perhaps it was because I had to stand amongst Wahoos, I don't know what it was, but it just wansn't the same. :( Maybe next time Jason, maybe next time.

No comments: