Friday, October 28, 2005

I've got to put my money where my mouth is...

I will document my night.

So I'm conducting research in one of my Psyc classes. My professor told us that we needed more data and by that he meant we needed more people to take our 11 page survey. I decided the only way to do my part and help out was to get my friends to take it. But, here's the catch, I had to somehow bribe them - I mean, who's really going to sit down on a Friday (when most classes are cancelled b/c we are too hungover to come to class b/c we had a game last night) and take an 11 page online survey? No one. So... I decided to advertise this on my away message by saying something like: I need more data for my psyc research so if you're awesome and take this survey I will love you forever and take a shot in your honor tonight. Little did I know that most of my friends would end up taking this survey and wasting 20 minutes of their life so I could get good data for my research. They also sent me the messages listed below:

Matt: that was so fucking long, you better take a shot and I got one of my friends to take it too, so you better take another shot for her.
Kathryn: GOD that thing was so mcfucking LONG
Kathryn: jesus
Me: so... I guess I owe you a shot
Kathryn: haha yeha you do man was thinking like 10 questions
Beth: add me to that drinking list my darlin'
Sharon: you need to take a shot in my honor tongiht :-)
Sagar: dude this effing survey is forever long
Sagar: what the heck
Sagar: dude that took forever
Sagar: you owe me a shot
Slutface (formally known as Todd): damn how long is this survey
Slutface: there done, take a shot for me

.... to be continued. I've been informed that others are taking the survey right now. I put a link up in green to the survey at the top of this post, so if you have some spare time and can take it, that would be great. Anyway, I won't be at the same party as many of the people who I promised shots tonight so I decided I'm going to document my shot taking by recording it on my camera's video feature so that each and every shot is as personalized as it can be. Ha ha... I have a feeling I won't last long tonight... we'll see. To those of you who have taken the survey, thank you so much! :)

No comments: