Sunday, April 16, 2006

I really miss what really did exist.

I'm home to celebrate Easter with my parents and my Dad's birthday was also earlier this week and being together is a big deal with us on birthdays so though my parents went to the beach last weekend to celebrate with my sister, we essentially spent the whole day together today and it was great. I forgot how much I've missed this place - lately I've been getting pretty homesick at school and that's normal for a college kid, but I think I've been especially homesick because I know I will be spending my whole summer minus 2 weeks spread out here and there in Blacksburg taking summer classes and preparing for the MCATs. Unlike most of the student population, I really don't have summer to look forward to so I'm not exactly rejoicing or counting down the weeks until school gets out. Anyway, this weekend was great, it was just what I needed. We had brunch this morning and then went to down to the Occoquan River and marina and the weather was perfect for it. Sunny and 70 with the most delicious breeze ever. And of course we sealed our outing with some shopping... overall, mission accomplished. I had a great day.

In other news, Matt and I went over to Keirn's and that was great. She just got a teacup yorkshire terrior who is strikingly cute. It was really exciting. I'm not a huge fan of animals, but I loved her dog. It was so good to see her and her family today. I've missed them and I've missed just talking to her so it was good to catch up and see that she's doing well.

No comments: