Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Turning up the pressure...
The Heat is on

I'm pretty good under pressure. I find myself to be a pretty organized person. Not so much when it comes to organizing my things. But when it comes to doing work and organizing all my work, I will flip out if I do not have it done AT LEAST before the week it is due (ex: final papers). Anyway, I have a paper I'm supposed to turn in on Tursday (which in my life means it should have been done this weekend) and it's not done yet. Therefore, I am flipping out. It's been really hard finding emperical evidence for this topic which is annoying because this is all my own doing seeing as I made up this topic and got it approved. The topic is "animal instinct for disaster" - i figured it wouldn't be impossible to find emperical evidence but alas... i've found two good sources after spending hours seraching our databases. :( I need four. I've written half my paper with what I have, I just need to fill it in with TWO more articles so I've set a deadline for myself. This needs to be done at 3:30pm tomorrow. My classes end at 12:15 so I can go grab a quick lunch and live in the library for a few hours and crank this sucker out. Then study for the 3 tests, and quiz that I have on Thursday. My life is grand! I've never had 3 tests overlap before ever. One is a lab final so hopefully that won't be ridiculous, but we'll have to see. I've actually surprisingly done well in lab this semester so I'm pretty happy about that. I know I sound like the craziest academic obsessed person in the world, but I assure you I am not a loser all the time. Crunch time is here and it's moving full force. After Thursday, I should be able to breathe but since I am making a bad life choice by going to UVA for the weekend for the annual Steeplechace horse races... I won't be able to do all my work, plus I have inductions into AED on Sunday when I get back so that will take up most of my night... So I guess this Thursday will be spent nerding it up in a corner of Bollo's while appearing extremely sketchy as my social life expontentially declines. I feel that this is only going to get worse next year, but... for a good cause. Med school applications = the light at the end of my tunnel. Just another exciting endeavor that is in the works for this little one.

Anyway enough ranting - I promise I will post better things in the near future.

No comments: